Joe Buckey Tire Blog
- Website Launch Announcement: Joe Buckey Tire Launches New Site
- Oil Change Service: Why Your Vehicle Loves It!
- Get The Most Out Of That Set Of Tires
- Winter Safety Tips – Don’t End Up In the Ditch!
- Winter Tires – Yea or Nay?
- This Season, Beware of Potholes
- Squeeze a Few More Miles Out of That Gallon of Gas
- Protect Your Windshield This Spring - Joe Buckey Tire
- The Many Benefits of Regular Oil Changes - Joe Buckey Tire
- The Holidays Are Coming – Is Your Vehicle Ready?
- When is the Best Time to Buy Tires? - Joe Buckey Tire
- Winter Tires? Or All-Season Tires?
- 8 Tips for Keeping your Tires in Top Shape
- Don’t Forget Your Spare
- 10 Ways to Get Better Gas Mileage
- Winter is Coming
- Prolonging the Life of Your Tires - Joe Buckey Tire
- Are New Tires on Your Back to School List? - Joe Buckey Tire
- Do You Ask the Right Questions? - Joe Buckey Tire
- Are All-Season Tires Right For My Vehicle? - Joe Buckey Tire
- How Often Should I Replace My Car Battery? - Joe Buckey Tire
- Helpful Tips For The High Mileage Car
- How To Update Your Auto Repair Routine
- When Should You Replace Your Tires?
- Are All-Season Tires Really All-Season?
- Mark Auto Repair off Your Back-To-School To-Do List
- Tips for Safe Summer Driving
- Do Your Homework on Tire Safety
- Is Your Vehicle Ready For Holiday Travel? - Joe Buckey Tire
- Seven Things You Need To Know About Tires
- Benefits You Didn’t Know About Oil Changes
- Choosing the Right Tire - Joe Buckey Tire
- What Makes All-Season Tires So Great?
- Winterizing Your Vehicle - Joe Buckey Tire
- What Does Your Check Engine Light Mean? - Joe Buckey Tire
- Six Hot Tips on Cool Air Conditioning
- 5 Simple New Years Resolutions for Your Vehicle
- Breaking in New Winter Tires
- Get Ready for Summer Road Trips with New Tires
- Determining the Age of a Tire
- 4 Budget Friendly Ways to Improve Mom’s Ride
- 9 Tips for your Spring Vehicle Checkup
- Potholes...A Sign It’s Spring
- Why Schedule Regular Oil Changes For Your Vehicle?
- Don’t Let Tire Problems Put the Brakes on Your Valentine’s Date
- Five Tips for Thanksgiving Travel
- Daylight Saving Ends - Check Your Vehicle Lights
- Don't Be Scared By Auto Repair - Fall Car Care Tips
- How to Avoid Tire Blowouts
- Stay Ahead of Brake Repairs
- Invest in the Future of any Vehicle with TPMS - Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
- Is it Time for a Tire Rotation?
- Back-to-School Car Maintenance Checklist
- Summer Heat
- Is it Time for New Tires?
- Keep Your Cool This Summer
- Preparing for Summer Holiday Travel
- Oil Changes for Mother’s Day
- Simple Vehicle Maintenance to Improve Fuel Economy
- April: National Car Care Month
- Spring is the Season for Change
- How Do Potholes Damage Your Vehicle?
Get The Most Out Of That Set Of Tires
This Season, Beware of Potholes
July 20th, 2016
As the weather warms up, the road hazards of snow and ice seem to fade with the cold, but with changing seasons come new risks to be aware of. Springtime tends to be wet and rainy, with melting snow and ice, and climbing temperatures. This becomes a perfect recipe for creating potholes, those sneaky annoyances that can wreak havoc on your tires. During the winter, cracks form due to moisture and ice expanding weakened fractures in the road surface. As the cracks get worse they can become torn out of the road by the weight of passing cars, winter chains, or studded tires. In areas with heavy spring and winter rainfall sinkholes can form with the potholes, creating even deeper road hazards. Because potholes can form on any road surface, keeping a ...
Don’t Forget Your Spare
July 20th, 2016
Prolonging the Life of Your Tires - Joe Buckey Tire
July 20th, 2016
A good quality set of tires should be an investment that will last you up to five years with regular use. In order to make the most of the life of your tires, there are simple maintenance steps you can take, as well as precautions to ensure they last as long as possible.
Inspect your tires. Frequent visual checks of your tires can be the first step in preventing premature wear or damage that can become irreparable. Look for debris, signs of uneven wear, bulges, dips, bumps, or ‘feathering’ of the tire rubber.
Tire Pressure. Proper tire pressure will keep the tires ...
Are New Tires on Your Back to School List? - Joe Buckey Tire
July 20th, 2016
Fall is in the air, and that can mean only one thing: it’s back to school time! As you run through your back to school checklist- pencils, notebooks, binders, books, and tires- yes, you read that correctly: TIRES. Why add new tires to your back to school checklist? Because now is the BEST time to get new tires for you or your student’s vehicle. Whether you are carpooling your students around, want something dependable for your extra-curricular high school smarty, or need that reliable vehicle for your independent college bound kid- making sure you get the best start to a new school year means starting with replacing your old tires.
Safety counts! By swapping out old, worn down, and bald tires, you will increase the ...